By Jenni Baxter | SAPeople
A South African teacher in China is being awarded for his awesome teaching methods that have resulted in his class performing brilliantly. Ndumiso Chili has such a positive attitude to life that he’s gathered over 2,600 followers on Twitter as he tweets pictures of his graduation, his gratitude, and his dedication to staying fit and being the best international English teacher ever.
Yesterday he announced the big news. Ndumiso tweeted: “Honored that I will be receiving an award as the teacher of the year in my school, here in China. A South African citizen trying his level best in everything he touches. With over 95% of my biology students obtaining straight As.”
Ndumiso, who studied at Tuks, and is a former international Education ambassador to Sweden, describes himself as “just a simple Zulu guy trying to make it in a HUGE ass country”.
- China’s ‘Little Africa’ shrinks 70% as coronavirus leaves its mark
- Chidubem Obi: Nigerian is Best Graduating medical student In Russian University
- Do Black lives matter to Southasians?
- Ndumiso Chili | South African Teacher in China Wins Best Teacher Award at His School
- Black Lives Matter has compelled me to finally face the voice inside me, the one that says ‘refugees can’t complain’
The 30-year-old likes to run and work out at the gym, followed by drinking green tea to boost his “mental capacity and metabolism”.
He was featured a couple of months ago in the Sowetan where he shared his experiences in China to urge South Africans to stay home and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Those who know him have congratulated him heartily on his award, saying Ndumiso has always been a hard worker and deserves to be recognised with the award.
Work stolen selfie. Let me go teach your kids biology today. pic.twitter.com/mDUoUBX8S7— Ndumiso Chili (@NdumisoChili3) June 16, 2020
Follow Ndumiso Chili here.
Read from source SAPeople